Eastern Bridge has a strong adherent to developing institutional relationships, be they cities or schools.
A formalised sister-school relationship will generate outcomes quantitatively and qualitatively superior to random and sporadic exchanges.
Eastern Bridge manages over 40 local government to government relationships into China, Japan and South Korea. We will leverage those relationships to find the best school to suite your needs.
The school partners should be able to support both fee paid programmes as well as exchanges.
Once Eastern Bridge has identified a school which meets approval we will arrange the formalisation of a sister-school relationship at the Chinese school itself. The agreement will be directly between schools (not an agent)
- Short term study programmes (commercial)
- Long term study pathways (commercial)
- Student Exchanges (non-commercials)
- Teacher Exchanges (non-commercials)
- Sports and Cultural Exchanges (non-commercials)
To maintain a meaningful relationship it is important to have regular contact with your school partner. Eastern Bridge has offices and staff in Asia and as part of our agreement with your school we will regularly visit and foster the relationship.
Our Education Director, Peter Guy: Pictured here speaking to a group of students about to depart for New Zealand, is a passionate advocate of New Zealand and our education system.
Eastern Bridge understands Asia and has the tools to communicate with your target market. Eastern Bridge specialises in cross cultural marketing and information transfer. Eastern Bridge provides professional translation services into Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese and Thai.
In April 2019 Eastern Bridge launched an ambitious marketing project: 'the Chinese Language Portal' (CLP). The website and accompanying WeChat Mini-Programme provide partner schools with an effective tool to market to Chinese students as well providing a range of online administrative and preparation resources.
- Learn about New Zealand and the specific community where they will be residing;
- Learn about your school, get updates and the latest news;
- Make inquiries about the school, community or NZ study environment in their language;
- In certain circumstances enroll and even pay student fees (via WeChat Pay or Alipay; and
- Access and complete online forms and supplimentary study materials.
The CLP is marketed in China thanks to bloggers and Key Opinion Leaders (KOL). Our KOLs alone have a reach of over 17 million followers across China.
Develping high quality marketing material
Regardless if it is is a glossy brochure, school magazine or business cards we can produce the content, translate it into the appropriate language, design and print. Our designer is familiar with both New Zealand and North East Asian design styles. We regularly arrange printing in China so as to provide cheaper costs and negate the expensive freight of printed materials to Asia.
Eastern Bridge has a team of qualified and experienced translators who will ensure that your marketing material and any correspondence with Chinese partners is flawless. When working with us you will be able to tap into our language resources for:
- Handling Chinese language inquiries;
- Translating letters, emails or instant messages
- Providing interpretation via the phone or messenger all (such as WeChat)
Once we have formed an agreement with a school we will assign one of our translators to you to ensure seamless communication. This will allow the translator to become familiar with your school and returning inquirers will appreciate the continuity of speaking to the same person.
Once their fees (or a deposit) has been received Eastern Bridge will liaise between the school and student to ensure they receive the appropriate visa. If required Eastern Bridge will work with a recognised Immigration Adviser to ensure the process goes smoothly.
Eastern Bridge will provide recommendations on and assist with bookings of activities to enhance your international student's experience.
Since Eastern Bridge works across the country we can draw on our knowledge of a wide range of service providers which will enhance the programme your school is providing.
While the school will be responsible for delivering the programme Eastern Bridge can relieve much of the planning stress.
Through a process of trial and error Eastern Bridge has developed financial models for schools. These plans are particularly helpful to schools which are intending to host short term groups (also known as study camps). Another benefit of working with Eastern Bridge is that thanks to economies of scale we receive preferential booking prices at a number of activity providers around the country, allowing for greater savings.
It can be difficult for schools to place students before they arrive, at which point it can be too late. Eastern Bridge has developed an online pre-departure testing programme. The test is conducted through the Chinese Language Portal and checks their Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing. Schools will receive a report as well as be able to review their original test.
As part of our commitment to our partner schools and the international students we have developed the "Student Portal". The Student Portal is an online management system which is accessible through the Chinese Language Portal. Like the CLP the system is in Chinese to ensure nothing gets lost in communication. Once a student has paid their tuition fee they will be given a unique code which will allow them access to their own account. The Student Portal is where the students can access all the information they need for the international study experience.
- Pre-departure assessments (Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing)
- Profile templates - which they will fill out for the home-stay family and school
- Checklist of items that they need to prepare for their time in New Zealand
- Pre-departure training programmes (delivered through online modules)
Eastern Bridge facilitates and orchestrates ‘by schools for schools’ relationships in an open and transparent manner.
- Introduce a like-minded 'sister' school
- Creates and co-ordinates sister-school activities
- Organises and oversees cross cultural headmaster visitations
- Develop marketing material to promote your school and wider community
- Promotes fee paid short, medium and long term study programmes for students between sister-schools.
- Develops and manages exchange programmes between the schools
- Provides pre-departure English language ability assessments for Chinese students bound for New Zealand so as to assist the New Zealand destination school better prepare for their Chinese visitors.
- Provides pre-departure acculturation for Chinese students headed for New Zealand and New Zealand students going to China so as align predeparture expectations with reality.
- Provides an online student management system for the efficient transfer and dissemination of information
- Provides homestay/host family templates, guidelines and cultural training.
“I want the Chinese Language Portal to be the most trusted and in-depth source for information in Chinese about New Zealand, not only that, I also hope it can support communities to flourish through international connectivity”